Amazing ways to Be Young Forever.

Photo: Good Evening Friends :>)

  1. Forget about numbers: Be it age, height or weight… refuse to think about them or let them get You down.   Live   life to the fullest with lots of love. The only denomination that matters   is the amount of love....  We spread in a day. No other number has the power to last forever and ever….only LOVE.
  2. Be yourself: If you look around, you might see many younger people trying to be older and many older people trying to be younger. In most of these cases, it never works. It ends up looking like they are all trying too hard to be something they are not. Here’s a solution: Be yourself. Accept yourself as you are. Be all that you can be, reach for your potential, but don’t try to be anything you are not.
  3. Hold on to cheerful friends: Cheerful happy friends are like instant pick me ups. When I find such friends who laugh more than they complain…I hold on to them like my life depends on it…cause my Youthful heart does. Just think of the last time you sat with friends or had a chat with one such cheery friend…were any of the “forget about numbers” ever part of the conversation? I am sure it was only laughter and fun and sharing.
  4. Keep stimulating your mind: Learn more about the computer , crafts, gardening, whatever. Take up a hobby. Never let the brain get idle. ’An idle mind is the devil’s workshop.’ And the devil’s name could be Alzheimer’s! A stimulated mind is never bored and always full of happy ideas to make life full of vigor. I take up a new hobby every month, and then abandon them by the starting of the new month  Some that nourish me stay on for a long long time. To date I have tried glass painting, embroidery, knitting, flower making, candle making, soft toy making, Css(a computer design code), pc gaming, table tennis, walking, painting, sketching, cooking, blogging…I think I will be blogging about more of my new hobbies till I reach the wise age of 100, with my grandkids calling me their fun-loving, hip, super blogging grandma 
  5. Enjoy the simple things: Life is short and its upto us to make it sweet too! Each day presents us with amazing opportunities to enjoy life and feel young at heart. slow down. Life has a lot of simple things you can enjoy. But if you move too fast you will overlook most of them. So don’t be in a hurry. Don’t move too quick. Slow down and pay attention to the world around you. be grateful. I can’t emphasize enough how important it is. No matter how many pleasant things you do, if you don’t learn to be grateful you will always see things negatively.
  6. Laugh loud and often: Laugh until you gasp for breath. And if you have a friend who makes you laugh, spend lots and lots of time with him or her! Laughing makes you feel awesome and alive. It makes your heart physically work better thereby allowing you to enjoy the fruits of  a long and loving life. Laugh with your heart, with your mind and with your soul. Let every cell in your system burst with laughter everyday.
  7. Embrace the tears and move on: The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person who is with us our entire life, is ourself. LIVE while you are alive. Tears and pain are alive only till you give them fuel with your emotion. Ups and downs in life are inevitable, but the way we react to these ups and downs are in our control. Moving on is far simpler than we would like to accept. When you decide to move on you make way for happiness and a life that is full of amazing grace and wisdom. You live and learn and still remain completely alive!
  8. Be surrounded with all you love: Whether it’s family, friends, pets, keepsakes, gifts, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge. When there is love all around you and in you, how then can you not have a life full of vitality and love? What you love gives you the freedom to Be You forever…no matter how long you live.
  9. Cherish good health: Health is wealth! When I crossed the 30 mark, some aches and pains had cropped up. I knew then that I had been taking undue advantage of my good health. I decided to make a few positive changes to my lifestyle and believe me, I feel super now. I intend on keeping it that way. There will be new aches and pains that will creep up as you age…the best thing to do at a time like this is make subtle changes to your lifestyle that best suits your body. This care in-turn helps you to feel more in control and Live more fully.
  10. Bid farewell to guilt trips: Dont we all automatically guilt ourselves into sadness? I think its more part of our mental conditioning as we grew up…to feel guilty for every little thing. I remember- If you eat ice cream your teeth will fall off, If you drink tea you will get patchy skin, if you talk like this noone will be your friend..etc. What if we lived life not worrying about the ‘if” and just lived? We are human and are bound to make mistakes. Thats fine. But guilting our-self curtails our mind and heart to move forward happily. Decide today to Not feel guilty for things you love to do and watch how amazing life becomes! Take a trip to the mall, even to a foreign country, but NOT to where the guilt is.
  11. Say “I love you” all the time: This is my all time favorite! Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity. My little daughter who is now 5 years, says I love you so many times its literally countless. I have taught her to say “I love you” as soon as she feels it. The best part is when she spends time with her friends…when she feels especially happy with them she says ‘I love you’ with a big hug. I am the same too! I do show my love in many ways to all those who I know. Be it by saying thank you or by cooking a special dish for a friend or a meal for the family or by reaching to someones rescue in the middle of the night….all these acts come from love and so they ooze with love. When there is so much love to give…where is the time to feel old?? I only feel all warm and fuzzy .
  12. Live for something greater than yourself: Select an ideal, purpose, or mission greater than yourself to live for. Set your sights high. Dream the so-called “impossible” dream. Challenge yourself, but know that it’s okay if you never get there because no one is keeping score. Remember? The only thing you are truly seeking on your path is joy. 
  13. , “Everything exists for joy. There is not one other reason for life than joy. We’ve got nothing to prove to anyone, because nobody other than All-That-Is is watching. We’re not trying to get someplace else; we’re not trying to get it done, because there is no ending–we cannot get it done. Everything exists for the purpose of joy in the moment.”
When your heart and mind stay young, your body automatically succombs to staying young forever. The magic potion or the fountain of youth has been within our hearts ~the whole time.~Z

'fountains-002.gif
By.K.N.Subramanyam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Navratri Bommai Kollu.

Taming your Mind